My Chemical Romance - Welcome to the Black Parade

Monday, October 16, 2006

My Chemical Romance have a great single out at the moment which has just got them their first UK number one. I like the tune with the wide variety that exists in just the one song but I think the words are really interesting.
For example:
He said, "Son when you grow up,
would you be the saviour of the broken, the beaten and the damned?"
He said "Will you defeat them,
your demons, and all the non believers, the plans that they have made?"
Because one day I'll leave you,
A phantom to lead you in the summer,
To join the black parade."
and
We'll carry on,
We'll carry on
And though you're dead and gone believe me
Your memory will carry on
We'll carry on
And in my heart I can't contain it
The anthem won't explain it.
and
Do or die
You'll never make me
Because the world, will never take my heart
You can try, you'll never break me
You want it all, you wanna play this part
I won't explain or say I'm sorry
I'm unashamed, I'm gonna show my scar
Give a cheer, for all the broken
The words remind me of so many images from the Bible. Jesus comes and shows us what God's love is like by defeating overs, how he is there for the broken hearted etc etc.
Update: their website says: "the album tells a hair-raising story in song. 'Half of it is about making a deal with the devil' says [vocalist Gerard] Way. 'The other half is taken from our experiences as a band'."

at 8:38 am  

0 comments:

Post a Comment