Time

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Time has been on my thougths recently. How often we try to fit in ridiculous amounts into a 24 hour period. I have been struck by two things. Firstly this quote by Roy Lessin:

There is always time enough in a day to do God's will.
And secondly Psalm 23 – The Antithesis

The clock is my dictator, I shall not rest
It makes me lie down only when exhausted.
It leads me to deep depression.
It hounds my soul.
It leads me in circles of frenzy for activity’s sake.
Even though I run frantically from task to task,
I will never get it done,
For my “ideal” is with me.
Deadlines and my need for approval, they drive me.
They demand performance from me, beyond the limits of my schedule.
They anoint my head with migraines;
My in-box overflows.
Surely fatigue and time pressure shall follow me all the days of my life,And I will dwell in the bonds of frustration forever.
Instead let us truly live out Psalm 23:

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness, for His name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
For you are with me;
Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

at 8:43 am  

0 comments:

Post a Comment