Schools work

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Earlier today I wrote a post about exciting things happening in our schools work but didn’t save it, and for some reason it got lost during publishing so here I am trying to rewrite that post now in Word!

Our primary schools work has really taken off in one of the schools. Yesterday was the second week of a three week module on the Bible which I am teaching to two year 6 classes. It is great fun because they are learning stuff but also throwing out lots of questions: do you really believe that Mary was a virgin; who was Jesus’ dad; who created God etc. We are hoping to squeeze in a type of grill-a-Christian opportunity at the end of next week’s lesson so that we can answer some of their questions and encourage their thinking and reflection. That is after all what one of the key points of RE is.

Linked to all of that I am being observed next week by some of the senior teachers – it was something I have asked for, mainly because I want to make sure that I am doing stuff okay, be it the style of teaching, the way I write on the board, the questions I ask etc. especially as the school is due OFSTED this year; also there is a possibility that the teaching staff won’t have to stay in my lessons any more which would be great as my other reason for teaching is to build relationships with the pupils so that when they are in times of need we are used to help with the pastoral care. It is a really exciting and rewarding role and I will be interested to see what comments and feedback I get next week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment