The life of a celebrity: Britney Spears

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Britney Spears really seems to be struggling at the moment. The most recent incident is the shaving off of all her hair (which is now being auctioned of for $1 million - making someone a tidy profit!). She has never been far from the limelight but since filing for divorce in November she seems to have gone off the rails. Britney went on a period of partying with other young celebrities. During this period she was heavily criticside for photographs which seemed to show her without underwear, and she reportedly collapsed at a New Year's party in Las Vegas.

The
BBC have Professor Cary Cooper, a psychology professor at Lancaster University, saying that Spears' recent behaviour is a "call for help". "She's saying: 'I'm very confused, I'm not in control of myself at the moment, I need a fresh start, I need help.'"

In many ways she sounds like she is struggling with her identity and her role in the same way that many of the young people I work with do. Let's just hope that she gets the right support around her, and manages to keep out of the press for a while.

at 10:31 am  

0 comments:

Post a Comment