Young people drinking

Friday, April 27, 2007

Heard on the news this morning about a report (see the BBC news article) whic says parents who give alcohol to children aged under 15 should be prosecuted. Personally I think that it is important that some sort of message is sent out about the issue of young people drinking. I am aware of several young people who I work with who regularly consume relatively large 'servings' of alcohol.
I have to agree with public health minister Caroline Flint who said "I don't think passing a law to ban alcohol for those under 15 would be enforceable or necessarily effective." However something more does need to be done, especially in school. The report suggested it should be part of the National Curriculum, especially focussing on the dangers of binge drinking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment