A rant on contact lenses

Saturday, June 16, 2007

A couple of weeks ago I had my eyes tested for the first time in around 5 years. Unsurprisingly I needed new glasses, and managed to get that all sorted. However, they suggested that I try daily disposable contact lenses as well, it would help with the amount of sport and activity I do. It kind of made sense, and in the past i had never been able to have contact lenses, so I thought I would give it a try.
Thursday was my appointment to collect them. For some reason they had mucked up their appointments system and weren't expecting me and seemed to find me an inconvenience rather than a customer to serve. I had the lesson on how to put them in and take them out and it all seemed to go fine, obviously I would need some practice but it would be okay.
Later on in the day I had awful trouble taking the lens out of the left eye, it came out eventually but with a bit of pain and discomfort. I then went to put them in at lunch time today and couldn't, I have since tried again and managed to get the right eye sorted but still not the left. So as I type I have a lens in my weaker eye but not my dominant one - could explain the spelling mistakes.
I am very tempted to go back to Boots in a week and get the money back on the sealed packs. The whole reason for getting them was they were going to make it easier to run sport, camps etc. but I can't get the lenses in and out. It seems much simpler to go back to glasses, especially given they made me spend over £200 on getting new ones, and it wasn't as if the old ones had been massively damaged by the sport over the last 5 years.
Rant over!

at 6:26 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment