Weekend away

Sunday, July 08, 2007

As Alice has posted, I spent the weekend at Ashburnham, helping to lead the youth part of Emmanuel Church's weekend away. It was the church where I grew up as a teenager, that has responsibility for where I am now. They encouraged me as a teenager to test and develop my gifts.

It was a joy to spend time with youngsters, some of whom I remember being born, growing up with such a passion and focus on the Lord. Emmanuel certainly has a great future with those young people. I hope that our time with them was able to support that. Our team (big shout out to Hannah, Sam, and Sarah who were a joy, as ever, to work with) led some sessions based on the
HABITS material by Simply Youth Ministry, looking at developing key disciplines, great material by the way, which I really enjoyed using.

0 comments:

Post a Comment