School governor training

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Things seem to be very busy at the moment, we haven't quite got everything settled down since the start of term, and the arrival of Debz (our year-out worker) has been great but meant there is more background work to be doing, so in many ways that last thing I want is to spend tomorrow and Monday out of the office, but that is what I am doing.
I became an Associate Governor at a local primary school about a year ago, and am just managing to get into doing all the County training, and I am quite excited about it. I am sure a lot of it will overlap with my training and knowledge for Children's and Youth Work, for example, tomorrow is a session on Safeguarding Children, but it will be nice to feel like I have a clearer understanding of the role and skills of being a governor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment