Mourinho interested in England manager role

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The BBC are reporting that Jose Mourinho has reportedly expressed an interest in becoming the new England manager. Mourinho, who left Chelsea in September, said he would be happy to talk to the Football Association:

"You will have to speak to the FA to see if they are interested in offering me the job, I cannot say what I think until they say they are interested. Tell the FA to come and get me. We will have to wait and see, but I rule nothing out."

It certainly would be interesting to have "the special one" as our manager but I'm not sure anyone can rescue the way England play unless they do two things: one have the tactical knowledge and people skills to manage the actual team; and secondly to get the FA to get an improved programme for bring through young English players.

at 11:38 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment