Sleeping in the Church Office

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Saw this on Josh's blog, and it made me laugh out loud:

You took Monday off but didn't really rest after a long weekend serving in your church. Tuesday rolls around and you nod-off at your desk. Along comes the senior pastor (who already thinks you're a slacker) and catches you napping. Here are the BEST things to say:

8. "They told me at the blood bank this might happen."

7. "Whew! Guess I left the top off the dry erase board marker."

6. "This is one of the seven habits of highly effective people!"

5. "Rats! Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out a solution to our
biggest problem."

4. "Boy, that cold medicine I took last night just won't wear off!"

3. "Ah, the unique and unpredictable circadian rhythms of the workaholic!"

2. "I wasn't sleeping..... I was trying to pick up my contact lens without using my hands."

And the #1 best thing to say if you get caught sleeping at your desk:

1. "Amen"

0 comments:

Post a Comment