12 Filtering Tips for Better Information in Half the Time by Tim Ferriss

Monday, December 31, 2007

As I have thought about next year one of the things that has taken time this year that isn't necessary is that amount of stuff that comes to me in terms of post, emails, blog updates, podcasts etc. While it is important to stay up-to-date I am certain that I don't need all the information, and that there are better ways to organise the information. On the plus side I have found usinng Google Reader has really sped up the way that I stay in touch.

Here is an article from Tim Ferris, author of "The Four Hour Work Week". He has a friend who processes information through RSS and he gives 12 tips for being effective in processing and filtering the information. Here is my favorite!

3) Clean HouseYou’re in charge. Your time is valuable. You’re too good to put up with someone who phones it in. If your friend told boring or pointless stories, would you call them up in the middle of the day and give them your uninterrupted attention? If an author isn’t delivering consistently, cut them out. If they ever improve enough to be worth reading again, you’ll probably hear about it.

Go check it out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment