New Year resolutions

Monday, December 31, 2007

Jonathan Edwards' resolutions are always worth reading this time of year. One of my favourites is:

17. Resolved, that I will live so, as I shall wish I had done when I come to die.

Joe, who I went to uni with, has kept a tally of different things throughout the year:

  • Fast Food Meals
  • Pints of beer
  • Films at the cinema
  • Days spent at a monastery
  • Books read
  • Minutes of football played
  • Country walks
  • Converts to Christianity
  • Days of snow

He wants ideas for what to add, so far he has suggested:

  • Plastic Bags Used
  • Plastic Bags I've saved by using our sturdy shopping bags
  • Money spent on petrol
  • Times of contemplative prayer lasting more than 5 minutes
  • Saves made / goals conceded
  • Frosty mornings
  • Nights when I get 8 hours sleep or more

0 comments:

Post a Comment