Would the radical Jesus like you?

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Would the radical Jesus like you? is a great post that Scot linked to this week. Well worth having a read, certainly challenging. Take this snippet as an example:


I think Jesus would rub me the wrong way. I think his gaze and his words would rip away my facade of being a nice guy. I think he would take me to a high mountain and show me all the kingdoms of suffering he sees and he would open my ears to all the cries of terror and pain he hears. Many of the voices would be those of children. Then he might walk me back to my favorite coffee place and sit beside me and just watch me sip at my really good coffee. I think I would feel at least awkward and probably very uncomfortable. I think I would want Jesus to get up and leave. And I am not trying to poop on myself here. I am actually wondering if Jesus and I would get along.

0 comments:

Post a Comment