Goal setting, resolutions and the New Year

Saturday, December 30, 2006

New Year can be a great time to set goals or aims, or what seemed to be simply known as resolutions. In the summer I had a go at trying to make some goals and aims for my life and work and after reading various different things, including Marko, Little Alice and a random website, I came up with 54 different things in the following areas:

Work
Children and young people
Volunteers
Schools work
Parents
Meetings
Legal
Finance
Administration
External groups
Strategy and study
Wider church

Personal
Spiritual
Relationships and Rest/Sabbath
Physical
Finances

While, as is fairly obvious, I didn’t manage to complete all the goals, I did fairly well, and certainly found it very helpful to have structured aims, and not just to bumble through life going from one ‘emergency’ to the next. It is certainly something I am thinking about doing again in the next few days, although, partly because of my work pattern being so heavily linked so schools, and partly because I seem to be so task and result orientated I am wondering about making them more short-term and doing it three times a year.

How do you set your goals or aims, what questions do you use to help you evaluate where you have gone and where you hope to go?

0 comments:

Post a Comment