Quantity or quality; and discipline

Friday, December 08, 2006

It’s nice to be noted by Ian for my "prolific" blogging – although I am not sure it is a good thing – surely there are other things I should be doing, and I am reminded of the phrase my PE teacher always used to shout “quality not quantity”. I do try to write something each weekday but more recently I seem to be just linking to other people rather than sparking thoughts or debates. Maybe it is a suggestion that I need to slow down and ensure I spend more time reflecting on the work that has been going on.

Regarding the HTML duel being incredibly un-technical I have no idea what one is so I think you may have won already!

I have had a really mixed last couple of days. Our middle aged groups (7-10 and 10-13) seem to be seeing increasing numbers of children coming but alongside that we seem to have increased issues to do with behaviour. Some of the volunteer leaders aren’t confident in this area, and some of the young people are showing a blatant lack of respect to the leaders which makes it really hard. How do you deal with discipline issues, what is your plan? Any thoughts much appreciated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment