Oldest man is 112

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The world's oldest man is celebrating his 112th birthday in south-western Japan. I can't get my head around that kind of age. I struggle to imagine what it would be like to be 40 (see Paula's blog for someone who has recently hit that milestone!) let alone over 4.5 times my measly age of 24.

Tomoji Tanabe, who was born in 1895, says avoiding alcohol is the secret of his longevity. He drinks milk, does not smoke, keeps a diary and reads the newspaper daily. He was declared the oldest man in January by Guinness World Records after the death of Emiliano Mercado Del Toro, of Puerto Rico, at 115. Japan is said to have the largest population of centenarians in the world, with some 30,000 citizens aged 100 and over.

at 2:28 pm  

1 comments:

Well a blog counts as a public diary so your not doing badly Chris.
I hope I'll be around to congratulate you on reaching 112 :o)

Anonymous said...
September 18, 2007 10:42 pm  

Post a Comment