BBC article on Pregnant at 13, mum at 14, GCSEs at 15

Monday, December 10, 2007

The BBC Magazine have an article on Kizzy Neal. She is 15 and is a mum to her seven month-old son, has a boyfriend, and trying to do her GCSEs. She found out she was pregnant when she was 13, and the article gives some insight into her life and her thoughts. The article is linked to a programme - Kizzy: Mum at 14 which is on BBC Three on Tuesday 11th December at 10:30pm. Here is a few clips from the article:
"Since I got pregnant, I've learnt so much about contraception, abortions and sex but at school I think I had so few sex education lessons."
"When I was pregnant it was like 'You little so-and-so' but when I had the baby they were round the pram saying 'isn't he beautiful?'
"It was a bit two-faced. Without a baby, I didn't want to go out of the house and I was scared but as soon as I had the baby the people I was scared of were coming up being really nice to me."
"When they put him on my chest, I was so overwhelmed, you don't know whether to smile or cry or laugh or scream, you don't know what to do. It gives you a warm feeling in your tummy."
"I was thinking about the baby growing up without a dad and thought I'd let him down. It's ideal to have a mum and a dad and to have a proper environment but it's very different for me. He's got as much love as he needs, even without a dad."

2 comments:

Seven YEAR old son? xxx

Ami said...
December 11, 2007 10:46 am  

Thanks for the spot Ami, have since corrected my lovely typo!

Chris said...
December 11, 2007 1:24 pm  

Post a Comment