Books I have read: Launchpad

Friday, December 28, 2007

This is an intriguing resource that I can't make up my mind on. In many ways it is excellent - it provides outlines for seventeen child-centred all-age worship services. It is well written, has some good music and dramas, but just doesn't quite do it for me. I think I would like a bit more meat on the outlines - there is a lot of specifics on the music and drama but not much on the other parts of the service - especially the talks. I would love to see some more detail on those.

My other issue is I am not sure how I would regularly use them as part of the Sunday worship in the church where I work. I could see if we ran a Messy Church monthly event they could be really helpful, but given that most of our all-age services are around the special times in the church calendar I will struggle more to use this resource. We also struggle as a church, to regularly resource people to do drama and music at this level.
If you have regular all-age resources this may be a great resource for you, if not it might not be top of your 'books wanted' list.

0 comments:

Post a Comment