Clarkson loses money after releasing bank details in the media

Monday, January 07, 2008

Phil has pointed out that Jeremy Clarkson has had some money stolen after publishing his bank details in his newspaper coloumn. He was trying to prove that the losing of two discs worth of data by the government was a fuss about nothing.

All you'll be able to do with them is put money into my account. Not take it out. Honestly, I've never known such a palaver about nothing

But he was proved wrong when he opened his bank statement and saw that a £500 Direct Debit had been set up, automatically donating money to Diabetes UK.
Clarkson has since said:

The bank cannot find out who did this because of the Data Protection Act and they cannot stop it from happening again. I was wrong and I have been punished for my mistake ... Contrary to what I said at the time, we must go after the idiots who lost the discs and stick cocktail sticks in their eyes until they beg for mercy.

As usual, Clarkson settles for mild punishment!

at 6:42 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment